Sunday, March 15, 2009

So, I finally took the plunge...


So, after reading (and loving) the Twilight Series I was ever so terrified of watching the movie. However, this month the movie Watchmen came out which was another book turned movie I was terrified of seeing. But, I was amazed at what a good job the movie makers did with the comic I loved so much that I figured Twilight couldn't have been that bad...

Well, maybe it was because I was anticipating such a terrible movie, or maybe it actually wasn't as bad as people said it was... I don't know, but I really didn't think I would be able to sit through the whole thing. Interestingly enough I actually found some marginal enjoyment from watching it. I guess after seeing Watchmen, which was awesome, I could see how things can change between a book and a movie and it would still be ok.

Well, the movie Twilight pales in comparison to the book. Of course they changed things, of course the character development in the movie sucked, of course great stuff was left out, and OF COURSE Edward (and the rest of the vampires) are no where near as beautiful as they were in the book... but, it really wasn't that bad. Of course I don't feel a strong urge to watch it again... hehe, I'd rather read the book again!

I'm sure this blog is sick and tired of being about a stupid kids book, but oh well... I guess I'm still obsessed :)

4 comments:

Pam said...

Hmmm ...I still have to read this. Maybe I'll watch the movie first ..that way I won't get let down.

Mike White said...

Watchmen movie = Good
Twilight = Not so Good

Unknown said...

I watched the movie last night night. It was enjoyable. I never read the series but I thought they could have made the movie a little more intense, or perhaps darker considering that they were dealing with vampires. It was kind of frivolous and lacking depth, yet entertaining on some level.

Amanda said...

I agree Watchmen kicked ARSE!! But seriously, don't let the crappy quality of the Twilight movie dissuade you from reading the book.
And, the movie shouldn't really be that dark... these particular vampires are different from the others, thats why they have such a nice bright house, they don't want to hide... but yes, the movie was really lacking in depth, but thats not true of the book.