Sunday, July 27, 2008

Trying New Foods is Fun!

I am going to keep track of the new restaurants I visit. I need to visit at least 30 in the next 1001 days. Any suggestions?

Papa Joe's (Rochester, NY; August 8, 2008)
- A family style Italian restaurant that has taken up shop inside an old bank... drive through window intact and active! This place was AWESOME! If you ever have to feed a small army then you should come here. They give you free warm bread, as much as you want! I ordered greens and beans (and forgot to ask if they were vegetarian, so I ate without asking...sigh) and a 1/2 order of gnocchis. The fact that you can order a half order is so wonderful, its half the amount of food for half the price... and a half order is similar to a whole order at olive garden! The sauce is a little spicy, but I love that. We also got cheese bread, it was really good. Our waitress was super nice and so was the hostess. My dad ordered veal parmesan and I think they cooked the whole calf for him! Everyone had to take something home (except my bf who only ordered one half order, he was the smart one) So if you go here, bring some Tupperware or don't eat for two days before arriving! Its a delicious value.

Cheeburger Cheeburger (Rochester, New York; August 2008)
- My family and I went to Cheeburger Cheeburger late at night, we were their last customer, and I know from working in a restaurant that isn't a very happy thing for the workers. However, our waitress was very nice and the food came out in a timely manner. I ordered a veggie burger (I think it was a garden burger, but I didn't ask, it had lots of rice in it) with onions, roasted red peppers and guacamole. I was really surprised that the guac was free... roasted red peppers too, and neither of those are cheap!! But it was really good, I would definitely go there again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,
did you get the new contract? where are you going for your vacation? how long a vacation do you have ? I see that you and John are staying another year? where will you find western sohes you like, three pairs? I don't see any blue on your list of things to do?

take care
Doc Harris
we just finished a 36 day road trip, 7,234 miles, over 8,000 digital pictures and about 600 pounds of rock and fossils.

Amanda said...

Hi there,
We are still on our old contract until they finish the new one... the old one isn't so bad for me, it has more vacation days :) Next month I will go to Rochester, Buffalo, NYC, SanFran, Portland and Seattle. Its gunna be great... I will certainly take pictures and blog about it. Yeah, John and I are staying another year, we like this job and its a great way to save money (the taxes are like 10% in this country! and that includes public health care!)

I am going to buy shoes when I get back to America... much easier that way. I just posted the list yesterday!! Give me some time, I guarantee there will be blue in the next month :)

Good to hear from ya Doc, and it sounds like you had an awesome trip! I wish you had a blog, I would love to see the pics!