Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Day 2

Well... Day two went much better than Day 1...

Yesterday I was sick and after practice my head was ringing from it getting crunched in a rather uncomfortable way (almost ripped my cartilage piercing out as well!) So I failed yesterday.

Today however... I did much better...

I told myself I had to work for one hour, then I could make dinner, eat and spend about 30 min just relaxing... that translated to a one hour break. Then I got to work for another hour and I told myself I could do what ever I wanted after I finished that second hour. I think this strategy worked well... it kept me focused because I knew I only had to sit here for an hour, and I knew I could do something I like (cook, eat, chill) when I was done. However, I have noticed I work much slower once the sun goes down. I hope to start my work session earlier tomorrow... I didn't start until 5PM today because I had to go to the piercing salon and get my earing fixed (ouchie!)

Today I accomplished:
  • 2 hours of work
  • wrote one page of the literary review
  • read and wrote about three articles
  • researched and found out about two books I'd like to get from the library
  • updated my blog

Not bad... I should expect more, but I am REALLY tired... :(
Good night, and I'll do better... I have to!

2 comments:

Elexina said...

Yeah, Amander, GET SOME!!

Pam said...

Very good!! Each session will find you closer to your goal. Accept that some days will be better than others and that a small step is better than no step :)