Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Saga is finished :(

So, I finally finished the Twilight Saga. I read the last 200 pages as slowly as I could. But, it is still over. I was happy with the ending, it wasn't as contrived as I thought I would be, every thing seemed very well thought out. I really envy good writers who can make you think "Wow, how did she think about all this and find a way to make it fit together so nicely?"

I really wish I could write well, and so, I have started writing. I am just writing short stories now, and I haven't finished anything... I doubt I ever will finish anything. I have no idea how to start or end a story, and my knowledge of character development is minimal at best. But I am going to read some guides and test some stuff out... who knows, one day I might post a short story here... but I think that will be years in the making. Even though I may dream of being a writer (I dream of becoming many things) I can settle for just writing stories for me :)

Anyway, I'm going to post my review of the final book from the series on my book review page and on Facebook. I have already convinced one of my friends to start reading the series and another is soon to follow, my mom even said she would check it out of the library :) So maybe you should check it out too.

So, next Monday is "Korean" New Year... in America we tend to say Chinese New Year, but I live in Korea so I have to say Korean New Year. So, for Korean New Year my beau and I are going to Jeju island, which is the biggest island off the south coast of Korea. I really don't know what to expect. It is our first domestic vacation in Korea and I'm VERY excited!!! I will be sure to post too many pictures on Facebook and maybe here too.

Love you all... so what are you reading these days? I think I'm gonna read Twilight again :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeju island is so great in summer. But it's also nice in winter. I recommend you to go to Woo Do, one of other island near Jeju, It's super nice,and you must eat cutlassfish with spicy source, "갈치조림" and Jeju's pork, Korean says "똥돼지". I know you are a vegetarian. Please imform your friend about it. - Donald -

Anonymous said...

I also just finished Twilight, and it was much better than I expected. She tied up all the ends while providing plenty of opportunity for a sequel down the road if she feels like it. I heard the other book she wrote wasn't very good. Have you ever read anything by Stephen White? I enjoy his mysteries. I miss the book club:( Enjoy your vacation!

-Courtney

Anonymous said...

Read Stephen King's Dar Tower series. Then you can tell me what the hell it means.

Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

{doh!}
That would be the "Dark" Tower series...