Thursday, July 24, 2008

In Korea, Mothers Clean the Classroom


Now, I've heard of American parents getting punished when their kids are bad, but in Korea things are a little crazier. Apparently, if you are the mother of an elementary school kid then you have to go into the school and clean the classroom. I'm not sure how often you have to do this... I only heard about it today, and I will try to find out more tomorrow.

What about working moms you might ask? Well, fortunately they have options. They can hire a guy and he can go clean the classroom while she is at work! And what if she just doesn't go all together? Apparently the other moms will get very upset and tell their children to shun the lazy mom's kid. WOW!

Just a quick post today cause I am working on my lists... this is getting harder and harder! Check them out... now I have 4 lists. One for books, one about things that make me happy, one for things I like about myself (those are in the right hand column) and the mother load down at the bottom of this site, all my things to do in the next 2 and a half years... 10 items a day is getting tough!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Just a quickie here too ...I'm also doing the 101 things list. I have about 30 more to fill in and it's almost impossible. I read over yours and we have a few that are the same ...and no I didn't copy :)

I love you sweetie ...and hope your students respond.

Love Mom

Amanda said...

Hey, I think copying is cool! Go for it! Then we can work together on some of them! :)