Sunday, July 27, 2008

Graduate Project and a Clean Bathroom

So, what did you do this weekend Amanda? Well, I spend about an hour deep cleaning my bathroom, I did laundry, made hash browns and actually did some work on a graduate project I was supposed to finish a year ago!!

So I bet your first question is... Why was your bathroom so dirty? I would rather not answer that question... Anyway, it is now bleachy clean. I do feel a little bad using so much bleach to clean it... but, since I hadn't cleaned it in ages, I guess this isn't really that bad. I mean, imagine if I was one of those super crazy clean freaks who washed their bathroom every week, and with bleach! That would be way worse for the environment than my actions today... hmm... you mean its normal to clean your bathroom once a week? Man, I am a total dirt bag. Or, rather, I WAS a total dirt bag, now my bathroom is clean, and since I wont be here next weekend (and my floor might also not be here) I guess I cant clean it every week... until September! :)

On to the graduate stuff... I have to write a paper and make a project... I have no idea how to do either of those things so I just listen to my professor and do as he says. He wants me to make an online search-able database of 4 years of physics teaching links he has collected and published. I have been trying several different types of bookmarking sites, since, I feel there is no reason to reinvent the wheel when there are several different types of wheels already up and running on the internet. Well, none of those wheels fit my needs. I was getting frustrated, and I was about to make my own site. In fact, it was in the design phase for my site that I realized I was basically designing a blog. So I checked out several blog sites and settled on wordpress. I know I use blogger here... I never checked out wordpress back in the day, and to be honest I would probably have chosen wordpress over blogger had I done more research, but it really wasn't that important to me back then... but wordpress seems to have a lot more functionality... especially with the layout. Perhaps blogger has that too and I just haven't figured out how to do it yet... I'll work on that when I get a master's degree!

Anyway, if you wanna check out the other blog I set up, here is the URL:
http://tptwebsights.wordpress.com/

I will also link to it in the right site panel. You might have noticed I have also linked to my mom's and my dad's blogs. If any of my other wonderful friends and fam have a blog then let me know, I would love to link to you as well. The more people who link to you the cooler google thinks you are :)

I also added a lot of posts this week that pertain to my 101 things to do in 1001 days list. I think this is a great idea and everyone should try it out. Its not very easy, but it actually takes a load off when I see all of my plans laid out. And it make everything seem so doable. Check out my post and if you decide to make your own list let me know, I would love to check it out. 5 more days till I fly out!! :)

4 comments:

kyl429 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kyl429 said...

you should totally donate your hair and you should do it with me. i'm technically due to donate next year (i do it every odd year) but i think i'm gonna wait another year. we'll see.

Amanda said...

Rock on, sounds like a good idea, Im not so sure Im ready to part with mine just yet anyway :)

Pam said...

You can always try 30 Mule Team Borax instead of bleach. I actually think it works better and it doesn't harm the environment.